1. BARREL, did Joe Biden lie to America and has he stolen money and is his family The Biden Crime Family and should Joe withdraw in disgrace? BARREL, IT SURE LOOKS LIKE HUNTER BIDEN STUCK IT TO HIS ABUSIVE FATHER SIMPLY BY LEAVING HIS LAPTOP AT THE TECH SHOP. THIS WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT. HUNTER, REGARDLESS OF HIS USE OF CRACK OR ALCOHOL, IS WAY TOO SMART LIKE A FOX.
2. Yes, PORK. Listen to Rudy Giuliani’s recent Common Sense podcast. See https://rudygiulianics.com/ of which following is a transcript.
2. “Welcome to Rudy Giuliani’s Common Sense. This is another episode and this is a very important one.
3. “We’re going to summarize the state of the evidence against the Biden Crime Family.
4. “It’s really mounted up since the disclosures of the emails and texts and photographs of Hunter Biden and now things that were proven by witnesses, documents, and video tapes, that were ignored and lied about by the press, are now proven by Hunter Biden’s own words.
5. “Let me assure you that this is his hard drive.
6. “It was given to my lawyer by the gentleman who had repaired it.
7. “It had been left behind by, he says, a drunken Hunter Biden who came in and had a very hard time even signing and did describe what he wanted.
8. “He came back one time to supply a keyboard and then after it was repaired he never returned even though there was substantial notices to return.
9. “After a while when the gentleman heard things on the news suggesting that the Bidens may or may not have been involved in criminal activity he became very concerned that possibly he was holding some kind of illegal material.
10. “So it was now his property according to the contract signed by Hunter Biden which we have right here.
11. “The property was abandoned and property that is abandoned under the law becomes the property of the person that is in possession of it.
12. “So he had every right to listen to what was there and look at what was there and he was shocked .
13. “What he saw he said was clear evidence of a crime, clear evidence that the Bidens were lying over and over again .
14. “And then on the photographs clear evidence of criminal activity and some activity I would have a hard time describing and really should be left to more private discussion.
15. “In short, what these photographs display is a Hunter Biden who is a very serious I would say degenerate crack addict.
16. “What that means is he doesn’t get rehabilitated.
17. “When he goes into rehabilitation there is even picture of him going out at night smoking crack.
18. “So what it looks like is all during the period of time when he was taking millions and millions and millions of dollars there would be pictures of him sitting in a closet smoking dope or engaged in sex while smoking crack with the woman, sometimes on his own.
19. “It proves without any doubt that none of this money was intended for Hunter Biden because nobody would pay this guy ten dollars.
20. “You couldn’t be sure if you gave him ten dollars to go get a bottle of milk for you that he’d come back.
21. “So there’s no way that some of the biggest criminals in the world are going to be paying him $10,000,000 to $14,000,000 or $30,000,000 or investing in a $1,500,000,000 (one point five billion dollar) completely ridiculous private equity fund.
22. “So what commodity did Hunter have to sell?
23. “That’s pretty easy isn’t it?
24. “The Vice Presidency of the United States.
25. “Which … his uncle and Joes younger brother had been doing for the prior twenty years.
26. “And that’s why this is a crime family.
27. “I know their name is not Italian.
28. “But you know, this RICO statute applies to political corruption. It applies to white collar crime.
29. “I am the first one to really use it to effectively bring down the Mafia, the Mafia drug dealers, the Teamsters Union, the Fulton Fish Market, the private carding industry, and then Wall Street, and then after that United States Congressmen, and a substantial number of New York City officials, New York State officials, Republican and Democrat, probably that’s what got me elected mayor.
30. “Didn’t do it for that reason but that’s what made me well known in New York and taught me what was wrong with New York.
31. “So I know this statute backwards and forwards and this is a perfect case for it because this Biden Family was engaging in the business of crime.
32. “And their commodity? Joe’s public office.
33. “And Joe, you will see, shared in the proceeds which is clearly admitted by his co-conspirators.
34. “So let me outline it for you so that you will be able to follow all of this.
35. “And there will be more than what I am just saying but I am taking four that will get the most prominence.
36. “Now we’re going to focus on when he was Vice President of the United States because that’s where the big money was made.
37. “Before he was Vice President of the United States he made substantial amounts of money through the lobbying of his brothers, the fact that his son had a no show job with a major bank in Delaware. Joe Biden was the only Democratic Senator that lobbied in favor of banks, against using the bankruptcy laws, because all democrats were in favor of that.
38. “Theoretically, they like to say they represent poor people.
39. “Joe was representing the rich bank that was employing his son in a no show job which is how his drug addict son began his career.
40. “But nobody else would employ him because he’d be out two three days a week.
41. “You know. Looking for crack.
42. “It’s a terrible problem.
43. “And I don’t mean to pick on Hunter for being an addict.
44. “That’s a terrible affliction.
45. “As a father, I blame Joe Biden. I say to myself.
46. “I don’t know if I had a child afflicted by that wouldn’t I take care of them and keep them in rehabilitation.
47. “Would I expose them to the most crooked man in Ukraine, one of the most crooked people in China, to probably the most crooked woman in Russia?
48. “Would I do that to a drug addict son? Just because of greed?
49. “I don’t know. I think this is Joe Biden’s fault.
50. “But in any event I have outlined four transactions here. [TWO SET FORTH IN THIS POST.]
51. “And these are the principle players that we can identify from the analysis we have done so far of the texts and the emails and the photographs.
52. “And I have to say we have analyzed about a quarter of it. For it is very, very extensive.
53. “So what you have, and I will summarize them really quickly is let’s call this JOE THE POINT MAN.
54. “Obama was very, very comfortable with that designation POINT MAN.
55. “So when IRAQ, when we were negotiating to end our role in IRAQ it was really, really critical for the national security interests of the United States that we retain troops there so that we could keep IRAN from basically creating an extension of the Islamic Republic of IRAN empire.
56. “And Joe Biden was sent to do that.
57. “Now that was probably a very foolish decision by President Obama because Joe Biden honestly had never succeeded at any negotiation ever.
58. “Robert Gates, his co-cabinet member in the Obama administration, probably commenting on this and any number of other things including his opposition to killing Bin Laden said that Joe Biden had never been correct on any matter of foreign policy in his entire life.
59. “That’s a quote from his fellow cabinet member.
60. “Well, he [Joe] went to IRAQ.
61. “He was supposed to negotiate this agreement that the IRAQIS would allow ten to twenty thousand American troops to stay behind and have immunity from prosecution so they couldn’t get caught in the cross fire between the Sunis, the Shias, and the other elements there.
62. “Of course, he failed.
63. “But the Biden Crime Family came out of it really good. Really, really good.
64. “James, his brother, who had no experience in housing was all of a sudden miraculously made part of a one point five billion dollar ($1,500,000,000), seems like a convenient number for them, one point five billion dollar housing deal in IRAQ.
65. “And like Hunter, James had no experience – in building houses.
66. “He [James] was a sleezy lobbyest on K street.
67. “And I say sleezy advisedly because it was all over the newspapers if you care to ask and every time it would come up Joe would say I don’t know my family’s business.
68. “After a while, that becomes kind of an incredible answer, doesn’t it.
69. “[THE IRAQ DEAL] Then of course we have the Russian situation, that’s the IRAQ situation [pointing to descriptive diagram], the money goes to his brother and as you will see about half that money will end up in the pocket of Joe Biden.
70. “As well, James will be responsible for some of the Biden family expenses.
71. “‘Cause Joe didn’t pay for much. [Ad]
72. “Thank you for returning to the discussion of the Biden Crime Family.
73. “[THE RUSSIAN DEAL] The second one we have is Russia. Russia is a little cloudy. Don’t know it as well. We’re just digging it out but it is quite clear that Hunter Biden received $3.5 million dollars ($3,500,000) from the wife of the mayor of Moscow, the former mayor of Moscow, since deceased. Catarina Batarina.
74. “Catarina is quite a character.
75. “I mean she’s now considered the wealthiest woman in Russia.
76. “Probably the most dangerous woman in Russia.
77. “She more or less double crossed her husband to get him out of office and placate Putin.
78. “Putin might have actually had a good reason to get rid of her husband.
79. “Because her husband whom I knew because he was the mayor of Moscow when I was mayor of New York.
80. “Her husband was really an out of control crook.
81. “He was taking money from Putin’s friends.
82. “Not a good idea.
83. “So they got him out and she became even closer to Putin as a result of that.
84. “So when you think of that $3.5 million dollars, I want you to remember that it is coming from one of Putin’s allies.
85. “Remember, Russian collusion that the democrats charged the president with.
86. “There was no Russian collusion.
87. “We now know from the Brennan notes that Hillary made that up.
88. “But even more galling than that no Republican got any money from Russia.
89. “These characters got $3.5 million dollars ($3,500,000) from Putin’s best friend.
90. “And the press doesn’t care.
91. “The press doesn’t care.
92. “Actually, it’s a little bit more than $3.5 million.
93. “It’s closer to $3.8 because there were two laundered payments that I think can be easily proven.
94. “And we still don’t know why.
95. “Because Biden lied about it during the debate when he said there was no such transaction.
96. “I don’t know that if Joe just thinks he can say this and because the press is like sickeningly on his side, as the moderator was.
97. “Nobody is going to really pay attention to the documents that show the money.
98. “But we got ‘em Joe.
99. “Anybody interested in truth and fairness is going to want to see them.
100. “So now let’s get to Ukraine [IN THE NEXT POST] which we have heard a lot about.
BARREL, IT SURE LOOKS LIKE HUNTER STUCK IT TO HIS ABUSIVE FATHER SIMPLY BY LEAVING HIS LAPTOP AT THE TECH SHOP.
1. Hey, BARREL, do you think Elizabeth Warren will endorse POTUS TRUMP?
2. You are making a joke, right, PORK?
3. Stranger things have happened, BARREL.
4. POTUS TRUMP has kept his campaign promises.
5. He has helped us be FREE, SAFE, and PROSPEROUS.
6. He and VP Pence have managed COVID-19 matter with dignity.
7. He has taken out ISIS and he is bringing home our troops and extricating us from war and cutting off the trillions of dollars poured down the middle east rathole.
8. He has generated the best U.S. economy ever despite the stock market correction which has been stoked in largest measure by media and politician driven unwarranted “coronavirus fear.” Keep in mind that with SARS there were no deaths in the U.S. With MERS there were no deaths in the U.S. With COVID-19 there have been only 16 last count. All the while there have been pandemic million infected, short of half million hospitalized, thousands of Influenza deaths – said by CDC to be 14,000 to 46,000 with projections of 60,000 annual deaths.
9. He has gotten rid of onerous regulations and political correctness. He is championing the right to life of the unborn. 300,000,000+ unborn babies have been unceremoniously killed since democrat Biden Schumer Roe v Wade in 1973 which is 50,000,000+ BLACK BABIES, 50,000,000+ HISPANIC BABIES, 200,000,000+ NATIVE AMERICAN, CAUCASIAN, ASIAN AMERICAN BABIES KILLED.
10. He has made major progress building the wall and stopping illegal immigration making sure people are vetted who come to America and in the process preventing terrorist activities.
11. He has stood up to North Korea and Iran.
12. He came out of the Pelosi Schumer impeachment unscathed and stronger.
13. He is rooting out corruption including Biden’s corrupt billion dollar Quid Pro Quo in Ukraine, and the Biden Obama money laundering to fund a proxy war with Russia according to Glenn Beck, and Biden’s corrupt billion dollar China to his son’s hedge fund connection and Biden’s corrupt billions paid to Iran shortly before Biden left office – money used to fund terrorism and adverse military activities.
14. Elizabeth would be smart to shift gears and support POTUS TRUMP.
15. Right, BARREL,
16. I am making a joke, though.
17. Elizabeth crossing over to endorse POTUS TRUMP is not going to happen.
18. Although, I wouldn’t put it past POTUS TRUMP asking her to do so. Like I said, stranger things have happened in politics.
19. A brokered democrat convention will be interesting if that happens.
20. In any case, I have a hard time seeing Joe with the nomination.
21. He looks like he is shriveled up and going to self-destruct any minute physically despite the fact that his campaign is running photos of him from past years. He hasn’t got the stamina to function as POTUS.
22. Joe appears to be senile unstable as he self-destructs and gaffes mentally on a regular basis not to mention the sniffing.
23. Most importantly, whereas POTUS TRUMP was exonerated completely and came out of the Mueller and impeachment debacles bloodied but unscathed politically, Joe cannot handle and survive the truth about his corruption charges.
1. BARREL, what is your take away after this first day of the Impeachment Trial in the Senate?
2. My take, is this PORK – POTUS Trump was well within his rights in his dealings with Ukraine and the House. There is no proof of wrongdoing.
3. There is no proof of Russia collusion, of quid pro quo, or obstruction of justice, or obstruction of congress.
4. Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer are on trial, not POTUS Trump.
5. Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi have failed to make their partisan case. All four have wasted our time and money and in the process failed their own constituencies completely.
6. While these four continue to waste our money and time, POTUS Trump is helping us be FREE, SAFE, and PROSPEROUS.
7. The dark perfidiousness of Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer, in trying to remove a sitting president for political advantage, is now brought into the light of day for the Senate, the nation, and the world to condemn.
8. Yes, BARREL. I agree with you. Let’s vote the four out of office and send them packing. I’m forecasting a POTUS Trump rout in the fall.
1. BARREL, So you think POTUS Trump should ask the S. Ct for an injunction and sanctions?
2. Yes, PORK.
3. Otherwise even though the Senate may hold an impeachment trial and even dismiss we will still see this impeachment foolishness carried over to all future presidents thereby hampering their ability to govern and carry out their responsibilities.
4. Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler and Chuck Schumer need to be sanctioned in the process for their perfidy.
5. There has to be a brake put on this kind of foolish, partisan impeachment vehicle and that brake is the Supreme Court.
6. In my judgment this is the way to shut down illegal star chamber secretive Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi orchestrated activities.
MY FREE GIFT TO YOU OF MY SOURDOUGH BREAD EBOOK.
AS A KINDNESS, SCROLL DOWN FOR A
FREE COMPLETE NO CHARGE COPY
of Richard W. Linford’s [MY] ebook.
ARTISAN SOURDOUGH BREAD?
They laughed out loud when I baked my first loaf!
Then they tasted it and they were amazed at how good it is.
Richard W. Linford
If you want to buy a copy of my ebook or book, through amazon.com,
2. My daughter visited me and while she was with me she taught me how to make sourdough bread; and she gave me some starter she was given at a Bausch mixer cooking class.
3. Since that day, and acknowledging her kindness, I’ve taken up sourdough bread making; and to-date, I’ve found a great deal of enjoyment baking and giving away my bread. By now I have given away many more loaves than I have eaten. I’ve also learned a few things about bread making and have thrown away a couple of beginner loaves as well simply because they were not up to my standards.
4. With these checklists, sourdough bread is not hard to make. It is tasty, healthy, filling, and the loaves make great gifts. With this little intro, keep in mind that well made artisan sourdough bread is to cry for if not to die for. Sourdough bread when well made can be the best.
5. I hope you find these checklists not only interesting, but also sufficiently motivating so you think seriously about taking up your own Artisan Sourdough Bread making avocation or for that matter vocation.
6. And while you are at it, think about giving away some if not much of your bread to your family, neighbors, and friends.
7. I don’t like the traditional recipe format. For ease of use, for avoiding cooking mistakes, I like my recipe checklists better. So here goes.
11. Large non-metal mixing bowl, spatula (I use a rubber one), heavy ceramic* pot with lid, cooking parchment paper, cutting board, plastic wrap or dish towel.
12. *Purists say do not use metal. Purists say do not use stainless steel. Purists say the acids make sourdough sour and acids react to any metals.
13. I use a large metal mixing bowl and a rubber spatula and to-date have not noticed any problem with quality.
HOW TO Make Sourdough Bread:
14. To the large mixing bowl:
15. Add 3 and ½ cups FLOUR.
16. Add 2 tsp SALT.
17. STIR UNTIL MIXED.
18. Add 2 cups WATER.
19. Add 1/3 cup STARTER.
20. STIR UNTIL MIXED.
21. COVER FOR 12 to 24 HOURS.
22. SPREAD FLOUR on cutting board.
23. DUMP DOUGH ON cutting board.
24. KNEAD DOUGH 15 to 20 times by hand or with spatula.
SPRAY INSIDE OF POT WITH NON-STICK COOKING SPRAY.
25. PLACE PARCHMENT PAPER IN POT.
26. PLACE KNEADED DOUGH IN POT.
27. COVER WITH LID OR PLASTIC WRAP OR DISH TOWEL
28. LET DOUGH RISE 2 to 3 HOURS UNTIL DOUBLE IN SIZE.
29. I set my pot in the cold oven while my dough rises.
30. TURN OVEN ON AT 425 DEGREES AND BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES.
31. TAKE LID OFF.
32. BASTE TOP OF BREAD WITH BUTTER OR OLIVE OIL.
33. BAKE WITHOUT LID FOR ANOTHER 30 MINUTES.
34. LET COOL.
37. DOUBLE THE RECIPE?
38. DOUBLE THE INGREDIENTS.
39. Feel free to be creative.
40. SOURDOUGH BREAD – BENEFITS – SAID BY SOME TO BE THE HEALTHIEST BREAD.
41. SOURDOUGH BREAD – BENEFITS – TAKING UP BAKING HELPED ONE PERSON I KNOW OF STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL
42. SOURDOUGH BREAD — HISTORY
43. An oldest form of leavened bread, dating back to Egypt.
44. Sourdough was carried in back packs and covered wagons by explorers and pioneers – was used by California and Klondike gold rush miners, and was used to leaven bread before commercial baking yeast was available.
45. Sourdough starter may have been discovered by accident when wild yeast found its way into dough.
46. Alaskan miners allegedly slept with their starter to keep it from freezing.
BARREL, this video of Steve Jobs says it all. Steve speaks from beyond the veil of death to us. He really describes what POTUS Trump is doing and Steve says to the democrats and equally to the republicans where their focus ought to be if they are to be relevant in this world.
So everybody chill out and take a good look at what Steve says and how he responds to an insult and overlay this on the current approach of so many people in dealing with and misunderstanding POTUS Trump.
BARREL, all POTUS TRUMP and FLOTUS TRUMP are saying to the naysayer critics in both parties, including Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, as well to any who are obvious communists and socialists, as well to all of the media, Hannity, Carlson, Maddow, CNN anchors, MSNBC anchors, Fox News anchors, Drudge, Breitbart, WSJ, New York Times, Infowars, the list goes on and on, all POTUS TRUMP and FLOTUS TRUMP are saying is:
“HELP US AMERICANS BE FREE, SAFE, AND PROSPEROUS OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!”
1. A breakthrough technique harnessing two methods to target disease-carrying mosquitoes was able to effectively eradicate buzzing biters in two test sites in China, according to research published on Thursday.
2. The mosquitoes targeted are a type that is particularly difficult to control called Aedes albopictus—more popularly known as the Asian tiger mosquito—which are a major vector for diseases including Zika and dengue.
3. The study “demonstrates the potential of a potent new tool”, wrote Peter Armbruster, a professor at Georgetown University’s department of biology, in a review of the work.
4. Researchers harnessed two population control methods: the use of radiation—which effectively sterilises mosquitoes—and a strain of bacteria called Wolbachia that leaves mosquito eggs dead on arrival.
5. They conducted a two-year trial at two sites on river islands in Guangzhou, where Asian tiger mosquitoes are to blame for the highest dengue transmission rate in China.
6. The results were “remarkable”, wrote Armbruster: the number of hatched mosquitoes eggs plunged by 94 percent, with not a single viable egg recorded for up to 13 weeks in some cases.
7. And the average number of female mosquitoes—which transmit disease to humans when they bite—caught by traps fell by between 83 and 94 percent.
8. In some cases, none were detected at all for up to six weeks.
9. The results were also borne out by a decline of nearly 97 percent in bites suffered by locals—which in turn shifted attitudes among residents, who were initially sceptical of the project’s plan to release more mosquitoes into the local area.
10. Radiation and bacteria
11. The research builds on two existing methods: radiation-based sterile insect technique (SIT) and incompatible insect technique (IIT).
12. SIT works by releasing radiation-sterilised male mosquitoes into an environment to mate with wild female mosquitoes, reducing the size of the population over time as females fail to reproduce.
13. But irradiation of male mosquitoes tends to reduce both their mating competitiveness and their survival rates, undermining the technique’s effectiveness.
14. The IIT method involves a bacteria called Wolbachia. When males infected with it mate with female mosquitoes that aren’t infected, their eggs don’t hatch.
15. The technique doesn’t work if the female mosquitoes are infected with the same Wolbachia strain, and successful mating by mosquitoes that both carry the bacteria undermines the technique by producing more female mosquitoes infected with Wolbachia that are resistant to the process.
16. Preventing the release of Wolbachia-infected female mosquitoes is difficult, with sex-sorting techniques usually resulting in a “female contamination rate” of about 0.3 percent.
17. To overcome that, researchers decided to subject their Wolbachia-infected lab-reared mosquitoes to low-level irradiation, which rendered the females sterile but left the males able to reproduce.
18. This allowed the team to avoid the onerous sex-screening process and meant they could release significantly more mosquitoes at a time: in some cases more than 160,000 male mosquitoes per hectare, per week.
19. ‘Striking results’
20. Lead researcher Zhiyong Xi, a professor at Michigan State University’s department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, compared the technique to “producing insecticide”.
21. “Our goal is to use this technique to build a protected area that is disease vector-free,” Xi told AFP.
22. Armbruster, in a review commissioned by the journal Nature that published the research on Thursday, said the study produced “striking results”.
23. That the trial “almost eliminated notoriously difficult-to-control vector mosquitoes from the test sites is remarkable,” he wrote.
24. The results weren’t a universal success—populations in areas with more traffic, near construction or roads, shrank less than those in isolated zones, likely as mosquitoes migrated in from elsewhere.
25. But Xi said the technique still holds promise if “natural barriers” like highways are used to limit the arrivals of outside mosquitoes.
26. And he said it could be used against mosquitoes that carry disease, including malaria.
27. The next steps will involve developing a “highly effective and practical release strategy” suited for urban settings,” he said.
PORK, I can’t agree more. This kind of work is millennial in nature.
Read — quote:
1. Think about this!
2. While television viewers across the country bask in the excitement of #SkharkWeek, the truth is that sharks are far from the world’s most dangerous creatures.
3. That distinction belongs to the tiny mosquito.
4. Packing a laundry list of dangerous diseases, these miniscule pests outrank all other animals in their threat to human life.
5. They might not seem as terrifying as sharks at first glance, but their stealthy bite is far more deadly.
6. The fact is, no other animal is responsible for more human suffering than the mosquito.
7. HOW DOES THE KILLER KILL?
8. While shark attacks are violent, terrifying and send beach goers scrambling to shore, here in the United States mosquito bites are usually just a minor annoyance.
9. However, in the developing world, those itchy red bumps can harbor a menace far deadlier than all the world’s sharks combined.
10. The list of mosquito-transmitted diseases is a long one, but malaria remains the primary threat for many of the world’s most vulnerable, especially children.
11. Worldwide there were an estimated 214 million Malaria cases resulting in 438,000 deaths in 2015 alone.
12. Malaria is far from the only weapon in the mosquito’s arsenal.
13. Yellow fever, dengue,
14. West Nile virus,
17. and a variety of other maladies
18. all cause untold amounts of suffering throughout the world.
19. Think about this:
20. THE TRUE MENACE TO SOCIETY
21. Films like Jaws and Sharknado have incited shark phobia for generations of moviegoers.
22. In truth, the odds of being killed by a shark attack are a miniscule 1 in 3,748,067.
23. Meanwhile, for individuals living in Sub-Saharan Africa, the chance of contracting a mosquito-borne disease like malaria might be as high as 1 in 5 depending on location!
24. Not only can malaria be deadly if not properly treated, it often takes a huge economic toll on the communities it invades.
25. As T. H. Weller, a Nobel laureate in medicine, noted,
26. “It has long been recognized that a malarious community is an impoverished community.”
27. Both individuals and governments are burdened with expensive medical care, loss of work and education hours and the high cost of preventative programs and premature death.
28. Altogether it’s estimated to cost at least $12 billion a year.
29. Economic growth is stunted by the disease and tourism dollars move elsewhere.
30. Think about this!
31. STANDING UP TO THE BULLY
32. Fifty years ago, deadly mosquitoes were thought to be best controlled by chemical agents like DDT.
33. However, these tricky little creatures grew more resilient and resistant, rendering the dangerous chemicals ineffective and no longer worth the many risks such as cancer, infertility, miscarriage, developmental delay and damage to the nervous system and liver.
34. Today, prevention focuses on fogging insecticides, repellants, bed nets and removing standing water where mosquitoes can breed. While these techniques can reduce the mosquito threat, better methods are still needed to control their population long term and stop the deadly illnesses they carry in their tracks.
35. As we move into the future, the best methods of mosquito eradication will likely be biological ones.
36. Operation Blessing first utilized mosquito larvae eating fish as a means of battling mosquitoes in post-Katrina New Orleans.
37. After the hurricane, thousands of swimming pools across the city had been abandoned, creating the perfect mosquito breeding ground.
38. Operation Blessing placed larvae eating fish in the pools, drastically reducing the mosquito population and averting further crisis.
39. New Orleans would later credit Operation Blessing with preventing epidemics of West Nile virus and St. Louis encephalitis from breaking out.
40. Since then we have continued our biological mosquito control research around the globe with mosquito-eating fish, juvenile turtles and small crustaceans called copepods, creating our “Bug-Busters Dream Team.”
41. Operation Blessing conducted a pilot study in Honduras to test the effectiveness of these animals and to help establish the first ever mosquito control department in the country.
42. Now, we’re taking all that we learned and applying to new communities to help protect vulnerable families.
43. All of these creatures are powerful weapons against mosquitoes, devouring their larvae before they can grow into deadly adults.
44. Unlike chemical agents with their dangerous side effects these animals can be safely introduced into human environments.
45. In fact, copepods have nearly eradicated the Aedes aegypti mosquitoes that were responsible for spreading dengue fever in Vietnam—the same mosquito behind the current Zika outbreak in Latin America.
46. Operation Blessing and our Bug-Busters team are now working to perfect these biological mosquito control methods and put an end to the mosquito’s worldwide reign of terror.
47. Sources: WHO, CDC, Weller, TH. Encyclopedia Britannica. Chicago: William Bennet; 1958. Tropical medicine; pp. 495–497, Oxford Journals, www.mosquitoworld.net.