BARREL, SHOULD THE DEMOCRATS AND DISAFFECTED REPUBLICANS UNDERESTIMATE POTUS TRUMP AND HIS FAMILY?
NO, PORK. Underestimate POTUS Donald Trump and FLOTUS Melania Trump and their family at your own risk and peril!
Richard W. Linford
WINNING TRUMP CARDS
Underestimate POTUS Donald Trump and FLOTUS Melania Trump and their family
at your own risk and peril!
© Copyright 2017
WINNING TRUMP CARDS
Underestimate POTUS Donald Trump and FLOTUS Melania Trump and their family
at your own risk and peril!
129. WINNING TRUMP CARDS IN POTUS TRUMP’S STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS.
130. STATE OF THE UNION. “President Trump’s Joint Address to Congress
131. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOUR FUTURE, IN AMERICA. “”Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe, once more, in America.”
132. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. “Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, the First Lady of the United States, and Citizens of America:
133. WE CELEBRATE BLACK HISTORY MONTH. “Tonight, as we mark the conclusion of our celebration of Black History Month,
134. WE ARE REMINDED OF CIVIL RIGHTS AND THE WORK THAT STILL REMAINS. “we are reminded of our Nation’s path toward civil rights and the work that still remains.
135. THREATS AGAINST JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTERS AND JEWISH CEMETARIES, AND SHOOTING IN KANSAS CITY REMIND US THAT WE CONDEMN HATE AND EVIL IN ALL ITS FORMS. “Recent threats targeting Jewish Community Centers and vandalism of Jewish cemeteries, as well as last week’s shooting in Kansas City, remind us that while we may be a Nation divided on policies, we are a country that stands united in condemning hate and evil in all its forms.
136. WE HOLD UP THE TORCH OF TRUTH, LIBERTY AND JUSTICE HANDED DOWN GENERATION TO GENERATION. “Each American generation passes the torch of truth, liberty and justice –- in an unbroken chain all the way down to the present.
137. WE WILL LIGHT THE WORLD WITH THAT TORCH OF TRUTH, LIBERTY AND JUSTICE. “That torch is now in our hands. And we will use it to light up the world.
138. FROM MY HEART I DELIVER A MESSAGE OF UNITY AND STRENGTH. “I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart.
139. THIS IS A NEW CHAPTER OF AMERICAN GREATNESS. “A new chapter of American Greatness is now beginning.
140. THIS IS A NEW NATIONAL PRIDE SWEEPING THE NATION. “A new national pride is sweeping across our Nation.
141. THIS IS A NEW SURGE OF OPTIMISM ENSURING IMPOSSIBLE DREAMS ARE REACHED. “And a new surge of optimism is placing impossible dreams firmly within our grasp.
142. THIS IS THE RENEWAL OF THE AMERICAN SPIRIT. “What we are witnessing today is the Renewal of the American Spirit.
143. ALLIES FIND AMERICA IS LEADING. “Our allies will find that America is once again ready to lead.
144. ALL NATIONS FIND AMERICA IS STRONG, PROUD, AND FREE. “All the nations of the world — friend or foe — will find that America is strong, America is proud, and America is free.
145. IN 9 YEARS IT WILL BE 250 YEARS SINCE WE DECLARED OUR INDEPENDENCE. “In 9 years, the United States will celebrate the 250th anniversary of our founding — 250 years since the day we declared our Independence.
146. THAT 250TH ANNIVERSARY WILL BE A GREAT MILESTONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. “It will be one of the great milestones in the history of the world.
147. WHAT WILL AMERICA LOOK LIKE THEN? WHAT LEGACY WILL WE LEAVE FOR OUR CHILDREN? “But what will America look like as we reach our 250th year? What kind of country will we leave for our children?
148. I, DONALD J. TRUMP, WILL NOT ALLOW THE MISTAKE OF RECENT DECADES TO DEFINE THE COURSE OF OUR FUTURE. “I will not allow the mistakes of recent decades past to define the course of our future.
149. FOR TOO LONG WE WATCHED OUR MIDDLE CLASS SHRINK FOR LOSS OF JOBS AND WEALTH TO FOREIGN NATIONS. “For too long, we’ve watched our middle class shrink as we’ve exported our jobs and wealth to foreign countries.
150. FOR TOO LONG WE’VE FINANCED GLOBAL PROJECT AFTER GLOBAL PROJECT, IGNORING THE FATES OF OUR CHILDREN IN INNER CITY CHICAGO, BALTIMORE, DETROIT, AND MANY OTHER AMERICAN CITIES. “We’ve financed and built one global project after another, but ignored the fates of our children in the inner cities of Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit — and so many other places throughout our land.
151. FOR TOO LONG WE’VE DEFENDED BORDERS OF OTHER NATIONS AND LEFT OUR BORDERS WIDE OPEN, FOR ANYONE TO CROSS, FOR DRUGS TO POUR IN AT UNPRECEDENTED RATE. “We’ve defended the borders of other nations, while leaving our own borders wide open, for anyone to cross — and for drugs to pour in at a now unprecedented rate.
152. FOR TOO LONG WE’VE SPENT TRILLIONS OVERSEAS AND ALLOWED OUR INFRASTRUCTURE TO CRUMBLE. “And we’ve spent trillions of dollars overseas, while our infrastructure at home has so badly crumbled.
153. NOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED. AMERICAN INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES OF ALL COLORS AND CREEDS HAVE REBELLED, PROTESTED, AND SPOKEN WITH THEIR VOTES. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. “Then, in 2016, the earth shifted beneath our feet. The rebellion started as a quiet protest, spoken by families of all colors and creeds -– families who just wanted a fair shot for their children, and a fair hearing for their concerns.
154. AMERICA’S QUIET VOICES BECAME A LOUD CHORUS. “But then the quiet voices became a loud chorus — as thousands of citizens now spoke out together, from cities small and large, all across our country.
155. AMERICA’S SHOUT CAUSED AN EARTHQUAKE. “Finally, the chorus became an earthquake – and the people turned out by the tens of millions,
156. THEY WERE UNITED BY ONE GREAT DEMAND. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. “and they were all united by one very simple, but crucial demand, that America must put its own citizens first … because only then, can we truly MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
157. DYING INDUSTRIES ARE COMING ROARING BACK TO LIFE. “Dying industries will come roaring back to life.
158. HEROIC VETERANS ARE GETTING THE CARE THEY DESPERATELY NEED. “Heroic veterans will get the care they so desperately need.
159. OUR MILITARY IS GIVEN THE RESOURCES ITS BRAVE WARRIORS DESERVE. “Our military will be given the resources its brave warriors so richly deserve.
160. CRUMBLING INFRASTRUCTURE IS BEING REPLACED WITH NEW ROADS, BRIDGES, TUNNELS, AIRPORTS. “Crumbling infrastructure will be replaced with new roads, bridges, tunnels, airports and railways gleaming across our beautiful land.
161. OUR TERRIBLE DRUG EPIDEMIC IS SLOWED AND STOPPED. “Our terrible drug epidemic will slow down and ultimately, stop.
162. OUR NEGLECTED INNER CITIES ARE REBORN IN HOPE, SAFETY, AND OPPORTUNITY. “And our neglected inner cities will see a rebirth of hope, safety, and opportunity.
163. I DONALD J. TRUMP AND MY ADMINISTRATION WILL KEEP OUR PROMISES TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. “Above all else, we will keep our promises to the American people.
164. I DONALD J. TRUMP UP-DATE THE NATION REGARDING WHAT I HAVE DONE TO KEEP MY PROMISES TO YOU. “It’s been a little over a month since my inauguration, and I want to take this moment to update the Nation on the progress I’ve made in keeping those promises.
165. SINCE MY ELECTION, THE FOLLOWING COMPANIES HAVE ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL INVEST BILLIONS IN THE U.S. AND CREATE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOGS.
168. GENERAL MOTORS
174. MANY OTHERS.
175. “Since my election, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, Softbank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart, and many others, have announced that they will invest billions of dollars in the United States and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.
176. SINCE MY ELECTION, THE STOCK MARKET HAS GAINED ALMOST 3 TRILLION DOLLARS IN VALUE. “The stock market has gained almost three trillion dollars in value since the election on November 8th, a record.
177. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE SAVED TAXPAYERS HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS BY BRINGING DOWN THE PRICE OF THE FANTASTIC NEW F-35 JET FIGHTER. “We’ve saved taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars by bringing down the price of the fantastic new F-35 jet fighter, and will be saving billions more dollars on contracts all across our Government.
178. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE PLACED A HIRING FREEZE ON NON-MILITARY AND NON-ESSENTIAL FEDERAL WORKERS. “We have placed a hiring freeze on non-military and non-essential Federal workers.
179. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE BEGUN TO DRAIN THE SWAMP OF GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION BY IMPOSING A 5 YEAR BAN ON LOBBYING BY EXECUTIVE BRANCH OFFICIALS – AND A LIFETIME BAN ON BECOMING LOBBYISTS FOR A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT. “We have begun to drain the swamp of government corruption by imposing a 5 year ban on lobbying by executive branch officials –- and a lifetime ban on becoming lobbyists for a foreign government.
180. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE ELIMINATED JOB-CRUSHING REGULATIONS IN HISTORIC PROPORTION. “We have undertaken a historic effort to eliminate job‑crushing regulations,
181. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE CREATED A DEREGULATION TASK FORCE INSIDE EVERY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. “creating a deregulation task force inside of every Government agency;
182. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE IMPOSED A RULE MANDATING THAT FOR EVERY 1 NEW REGULATION, 2 OLD REGULATIONS MUST BE ELIMINATED. “imposing a new rule which mandates that for every 1 new regulation, 2 old regulations must be eliminated;
183. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE STOPPED A REGULATION THREATENING THE LIVELIHOODS OF OUR GREAT COAL MINERS. “and stopping a regulation that threatens the future and livelihoods of our great coal miners.
184. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE CLEARED THE WAY FOR CONSTRUCTION OF THE KEYSTONE AND DAKOTA ACCESS PIPELINES. “We have cleared the way for the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines — thereby creating tens of thousands of jobs –
185. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE DIRECTED THAT NEW AMERICAN PIPELINES BE MADE WITH AMERICAN STEEL. “and I’ve issued a new directive that new American pipelines be made with American steel.
186. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE WITHDRAWN FROM JOB-KILLING TRANSPACIFIC PARTNERSHIP. “We have withdrawn the United States from the job-killing Trans-Pacific Partnership.
187. SINCE MY ELECTION, WITH PRIME MINISTER JUSTIN TRUDEAU, I HAVE FORMED A COUNCIL WITH CANADA TO ENSURE WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS ACCESS NETWORKS, MARKETS, CAPITAL THEY NEED TO START A BUSINESS. “With the help of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, we have formed a Council with our neighbors in Canada to help ensure that women entrepreneurs have access to the networks, markets and capital they need to start a business and live out their financial dreams.
188. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE DIRECTED THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE TO FORM A TASK FORCE TO REDUCE VIOLENT CRIME. “To protect our citizens, I have directed the Department of Justice to form a Task Force on Reducing Violent Crime.
189. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE ORDERED THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY AND JUSTICE AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE AND THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE TO DISMANTLE CRIMINAL CARTELS. “I have further ordered the Departments of Homeland Security and Justice, along with the Department of State and the Director of National Intelligence, to coordinate an aggressive strategy to dismantle the criminal cartels that have spread across our Nation.
190. WE WILL STOP DRUGS FROM POURING INTO OUR COUNTRY AND POISONING OUR YOUTH. “We will stop the drugs from pouring into our country and poisoning our youth –
191. WE WILL EXPAND TREATMENT FOR THOSE SO BADLY ADDICTED. “and we will expand treatment for those who have become so badly addicted.
192. WE WILL ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAW AND ENSURE BORDER SECURITY. “At the same time, my Administration has answered the pleas of the American people for immigration enforcement and border security.
193. ENFORCEMENT OF OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS WILL RAISE WAGES, HELP THE UNEMPLOYED, SAVE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, AND MAKE OUR COMMUNITIES SAFER. “By finally enforcing our immigration laws, we will raise wages, help the unemployed, save billions of dollars, and make our communities safer for everyone.
194. WE WILL END LAWLESS CHAOS AND HELP ALL AMERICAN SUCCEED. “We want all Americans to succeed –- but that can’t happen in an environment of lawless chaos.
195. WE WILL RESTORE INTEGRITY AND THE RULE OF LAW TO OUR BORDERS. “We must restore integrity and the rule of law to our borders.
196. WE WILL CONSTRUCT A GREAT WALL ALONG OUR SOUTHERN BORDER. “For that reason, we will soon begin the construction of a great wall along our southern border.
197. SINCE MY ELECTION, WE ARE REMOVING GANG MEMBERS, DRUG DEALERS AND CRIMINALS THAT THREATEN OUR COMMUNITIES AND PREY ON OUR CITIZENS. “As we speak, we are removing gang members, drug dealers and criminals that threaten our communities and prey on our citizens.
198. SINCE MY ELECTION, AS I PROMISED, BAD ONES ARE BEING DEPORTED OR JAILED. “Bad ones are going out as I speak tonight and as I have promised.
199. SOME IN CONGRESS DO NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD ENFORCE OUR LAWS. “To any in Congress who do not believe we should enforce our laws,
200. I ASK THESE PEOPLE IN CONGRESS AND ANY OTHER PERSON WITH THE SAME MINDSET THIS QUESTION. “I would ask you this question:
201. WHAT CAN I OR YOU SAY TO THE AMERICAN FAMILY THAT LOSES JOBS, INCOME, OR A LOVED ONE, BECAUSE AMERICA REFUSES TO UPHOLD ITS LAWS AND DEFEND ITS BORDERS? “what would you say to the American family that loses their jobs, their income, or a loved one, because America refused to uphold its laws and defend its borders?
202. I AM DUTY BOUND TO SERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. “Our obligation is to serve, protect, and defend the citizens of the United States.
203. I AM DUTY BOUND TO PROTECT OUR NATION FROM RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM. “We are also taking strong measures to protect our Nation from Radical Islamic Terrorism.
204. THE VAST MAJORITY OF TERRORISM-RELATED OFFENSES COMMITTED IN THE U.S. WERE PERPETRATED BY PEOPLE WHO CAME HERE FROM OUTSIDE OUR COUNTRY. “According to data provided by the Department of Justice, the vast majority of individuals convicted for terrorism-related offenses since 9/11 came here from outside of our country.
205. BOSTON, SAN BERNARDINO, THE PENTAGON, THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TERRORIST ATTACKS OCCURRED. “We have seen the attacks at home -– from Boston to San Bernardino to the Pentagon and yes, even the World Trade Center.
206. ATTACKS IN FRANCE, BELGIUM, GERMANY, AND ELSEWHERE OCCURRED. “We have seen the attacks in France, in Belgium, in Germany and all over the world.
207. IT IS RECKLESS TO ALLOW UNCONTROLLED ENTRY FROM PLACES WHERE PROPER VETTING CANNOT OCCUR. “It is not compassionate, but reckless, to allow uncontrolled entry from places where proper vetting cannot occur.
208. IT IS A HIGH HONOR FOR ANYONE TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO THE UNITED STATES AND THOSE GAINING SUCH HONOR MUST SUPPORT THIS COUNTRY, LOVE ITS PEOPLE, AND UPHOLD ITS VALUES. “Those given the high honor of admission to the United States should support this country and love its people and its values.
209. I WILL NOT ALLOW A BEACHHEAD OF TERRORISM TO FORM INSIDE AMERICA. “We cannot allow a beachhead of terrorism to form inside America –
210. I WILL NOT ALLOW OUR NATION TO BECOME A SANCTUARY FOR EXTREMISTS. “we cannot allow our Nation to become a sanctuary for extremists.
211. SINCE MY ELECTION, WE HAVE IMPROVED VETTING PROCEDURES. “That is why my Administration has been working on improved vetting procedures, and we will shortly take new steps to keep our Nation safe — and to keep out those who would do us harm.
212. SINCE MY ELECTION, I DIRECTED THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TO DEMOLISH AND DESTROY ISIS, THIS NETWORK OF LAWLESS SAVAGES THAT HAVE SLAUGHTERED MUSLIMS AND CHRISTIANS, AND MEN, WOMEN, AND CHILDREN OF ALL FAITHS AND BELIEFS. “As promised, I directed the Department of Defense to develop a plan to demolish and destroy ISIS — a network of lawless savages that have slaughtered Muslims and Christians, and men, women, and children of all faiths and beliefs.
213. WE WILL WORK WITH OUR ALLIES, INCLUDING OUR FRIENDS IN THE MUSLIM WORLD, TO EXTINGUISH THIS VILE ENEMY FROM OUR PLANET. “We will work with our allies, including our friends and allies in the Muslim world, to extinguish this vile enemy from our planet.
214. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE IMPOSED NEW SANCTIONS ON ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS WHO SUPPORT IRAN’S BALLISTIC MISSILE PROGRAM. “I have also imposed new sanctions on entities and individuals who support Iran’s ballistic missile program,
215. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE REAFFIRMED OUR UNBREAKABLE ALLIANCE WITH THE STATE OF ISRAEL. “and reaffirmed our unbreakable alliance with the State of Israel.
216. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE KEPT MY PROMISE TO APPOINT A JUSTICE OF THE SUPREME COURT WHO WILL DEFEND OUR CONSTITUTION. “Finally, I have kept my promise to appoint a Justice to the United States Supreme Court — from my list of 20 judges — who will defend our Constitution.
217. I AM HONORED MAUREEN SCALIA IS WITH US. “I am honored to have Maureen Scalia with us in the gallery tonight.
218. ANTONIN SCALIA WILL FOREVER BE A SYMBOL OF AMERICAN JUSTICE. “Her late, great husband, Antonin Scalia, will forever be a symbol of American justice.
219. SINCE MY ELECTION, I HAVE CHOSEN JUDGE NEIL GORSUCH TO FILL JUSTICE SCALIA’S SEAT. “To fill his seat, we have chosen Judge Neil Gorsuch, a man of incredible skill, and deep devotion to the law. He was confirmed unanimously to the Court of Appeals, and I am asking the Senate to swiftly approve his nomination.
220. NEXT STEPS WE MUST TAKE. “Tonight, as I outline the next steps we must take as a country, we must honestly acknowledge the circumstances we inherited.
221. 94,000,000 AMERICANS ARE OUT OF THE LABOR FORCE. “Ninety-four million Americans are out of the labor force.
222. 43,000,000 ARE LIVING IN POVERTY. “Over 43 million people are now living in poverty,
223. 43,000,000 ARE ON FOOD STAMPS. “and over 43 million Americans are on food stamps.
224. 1 IN 5 IN THEIR PRIME WORKING YEARS ARE NOT WORKING. “More than 1 in 5 people in their prime working years are not working.
225. THIS IS THE WORST FINANCIAL RECOVERY IN 65 YEARS. “We have the worst financial recovery in 65 years.
226. THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION PUT ON MORE DEBT IN THE LAST 8 YEARS THAN NEARLY ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS COMBINED. “In the last 8 years, the past Administration has put on more new debt than nearly all other Presidents combined.
227. SINCE NAFTA WAS APPROVED WE’VE LOST MORE THAN ONE-FOURTH OF OUR MANUFACTURING JOBS. “We’ve lost more than one-fourth of our manufacturing jobs since NAFTA was approved,
228. SINCE CHINA JOINED THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION IN 2001 WE’VE LOST 60,000 FACTORIES. “and we’ve lost 60,000 factories since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001.
229. LAST YEAR UNDER OBAMA OUR TRADE DEFICIT IN GOODS WITH THE WORLD WAS NEARLY $800 BILLION, THAT’S $800,000,000,000. “Our trade deficit in goods with the world last year was nearly $800 billion dollars.
230. FROM OBAMA WE INHERITED A SERIES OF TRAGIC FOREIGN POLICY DISASTERS. “And overseas, we have inherited a series of tragic foreign policy disasters.
231. TO SOLVE THESE REQUIRES WORKING PAST PARTY DIFFERENCES. “Solving these, and so many other pressing problems, will require us to work past the differences of party.
232. WE MUST TAP THE AMERICAN SPIRIT. “It will require us to tap into the American spirit that has overcome every challenge throughout our long and storied history.
233. WE MUST RESTART THE ENGINE OF THE AMERICAN ECONOMY. “But to accomplish our goals at home and abroad, we must restart the engine of the American economy –
234. WE MUST MAKE IT EASIER FOR COMPANIES TO DO BUSINESS IN THE UNITED STATES. “making it easier for companies to do business in the United States,
235. WE MUST MAKE IT HARDER FOR COMPANIES TO LEAVE AMERICA. “and much harder for companies to leave.
236. UNDER OBAMA, AMERICAN COMPANIES HAVE BEEN TAXED AT ONE OF THE HIGHEST RATES IN THE WORLD. THIS MUST STOP. “Right now, American companies are taxed at one of the highest rates anywhere in the world.
237. WE WILL IMPLEMENT HISTORIC TAX REFORM. “My economic team is developing historic tax reform
238. THIS HISTORIC TAX REFORM WILL REDUCE THE TAX RATE ON OUR COMPANIES SO THEY CAN COMPETE AND THRIVE ANYWHERE WITH ANYONE. “that will reduce the tax rate on our companies so they can compete and thrive anywhere and with anyone.
239. WE WILL IMPLEMENT HISTORIC TAX RELIEF FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS. “At the same time, we will provide massive tax relief for the middle class.
240. WE WILL LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD FOR AMERICAN COMPANIES AND WORKERS. “We must create a level playing field for American companies and workers.
241. UNDER THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION WHEN WE SHIPPED PRODUCTS OUT OF AMERICA, MANY OTHER COUNTRIES MAKE US PAY VERY HIGH TARIFFS AND TAXES. THIS MUST STOP. “Currently, when we ship products out of America, many other countries make us pay very high tariffs and taxes –
242. WHEN FOREIGN COMPANIES SHIP THEIR PRODUCTS TO AMERICA, WE CHARGE THEM NEXT TO NOTHING. THIS TOO MUST STOP. “but when foreign companies ship their products into America, we charge them almost nothing.
243. HARLEY-DAVIDSON IS A GREAT AMERICAN COMPANY. I JUST MET WITH THEIR OFFICIALS AND WORKERS. “I just met with officials and workers from a great American company, Harley-Davidson. In fact, they proudly displayed five of their magnificent motorcycles, made in the USA, on the front lawn of the White House.
244. THEY SAID BUSINESS IS GOOD. “At our meeting, I asked them, how are you doing, how is business? They said that it’s good.
245. THEY TOLD ME THEY HAVE BEEN MISTREATED BY OTHER COUNTRIES. THEY TOLD ME THEY ARE TAXED AT SUCH A HIGH RATE. “I asked them further how they are doing with other countries, mainly international sales. They told me — without even complaining because they have been mistreated for so long that they have become used to it — that it is very hard to do business with other countries because they tax our goods at such a high rate.
246. THEY TOLD ME ONE COUNTRY TAXED THEIR MOTORCYCLES 100 PERCENT. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. “They said that in one case another country taxed their motorcycles at 100 percent.
247. HARLEY-DAVIDSON WASN’T ASKING FOR A CHANGE. I AM. “They weren’t even asking for change. But I am.
248. I BELIEVE FREE TRADE MUST BE FAIR TRADE. “I believe strongly in free trade but it also has to be FAIR TRADE.
249. PRESIDENT ABRAHAM LINCOLN SAID WANT AND RUIN WOULD RESULT WHEN AMERICAN ABANDONED ITS PROTECTIVE POLICIES. THAT HAS HAPPENED JUST AS HE SAID. “The first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln, warned that the “abandonment of the protective policy by the American Government [will] produce want and ruin among our people.”
250. WE MUST HEED LINCOLN’S WORDS. AMERICA AND ITS GREAT COMPANIES WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF ANY MORE. “Lincoln was right — and it is time we heeded his words. I am not going to let America and its great companies and workers, be taken advantage of anymore.
251. I WILL BRING BACK MILLIONS OF JOBS. “I am going to bring back millions of jobs.
252. I WILL PROTECT OUR WORKERS BY REFORMING OUR SYSTEM OF LEGAL IMMIGRATION. “Protecting our workers also means reforming our system of legal immigration.
253. OUR CURRENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM DEPRESSES WAGES FOR OUR POOREST WORKERS, AND PUTS GREAT PRESSURE ON OUR TAXPAYERS. “The current, outdated system depresses wages for our poorest workers, and puts great pressure on taxpayers.
254. I WILL IMPLEMENT A MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION SYSTEM. “Nations around the world, like Canada, Australia and many others –- have a merit-based immigration system.
255. THOSE WHO ENTER OUR COUNTRY MUST BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES FINANCIALLY. “It is a basic principle that those seeking to enter a country ought to be able to support themselves financially.
256. I WILL ENFORCE THIS RULE. I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO STRAIN PUBLIC RESOURCES THAT OUR POOREST CITIZENS RELY ON. “Yet, in America, we do not enforce this rule, straining the very public resources that our poorest citizens rely upon.
257. OUR CURRENT IMMIGRATION SYSTEM COSTS AMERICA’S TAXPAYERS BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. “According to the National Academy of Sciences, our current immigration system costs America’s taxpayers many billions of dollars a year.
258. WE WILL ADOPT A MERIT-BASED SYSTEM THAT WILL BENEFIT OUR PEOPLE. “Switching away from this current system of lower-skilled immigration, and instead adopting a merit-based system, will have many benefits:
259. A MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION SYSTEM WILL SAVE COUNTLESS DOLLARS. “it will save countless dollars,
260. IT WILL RAISE WORKERS’ WAGES. “raise workers’ wages, and
261. IT WILL HELP STRUGGLING FAMILIES. “help struggling families –-
262. IT WILL HELP IMMIGRANT FAMILIES AS WELL. “including immigrant families –-
263. IT WILL HELP OUR PEOPLE ENTER THE MIDDLE CLASS. “enter the middle class.
264. I WILL IMPLEMENT ANOTHER GREAT NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM LIKE PRESIDENT EISENHOWER DID. “Another Republican President, Dwight D. Eisenhower, initiated the last truly great national infrastructure program –- the building of the interstate highway system.
265. WE WILL REBUILD OUR NATION. “The time has come for a new program of national rebuilding.
266. AMERICA HAS SPENT 6 TRILLION DOLLARS IN THE MIDDLE EAST WHILE OUR INFRASTRUCTURE IS CRUMBLING. THIS MUST STOP IMMEDIATELY. “America has spent approximately six trillion dollars in the Middle East, all this while our infrastructure at home is crumbling.
267. WITH 6 TRILLION DOLLARS WE COULD HAVE REBUILT AMERICA TWICE. “With this six trillion dollars we could have rebuilt our country –- twice.
268. WITH 6 TRILLION DOLLARS WE COULD HAVE REBUILT AMERICA THREE TIMES USING PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO NEGOTIATE. “And maybe even three times if we had people who had the ability to negotiate.
269. I ASK CONGRESS TO APPROVE A $1 TRILLION INVESTMENT IN THE UNITED STATES INFRASTRUCTURE. “To launch our national rebuilding, I will be asking the Congress to approve legislation that produces a $1 trillion investment in the infrastructure of the United States –
270. FINANCING WILL COME FROM PUBLIC AND PRIVATE CAPITAL. “financed through both public and private capital –-
271. THIS WILL CREATE MILLIONS OF NEW JOBS. “creating millions of new jobs.
272. THIS EFFORT WILL BE GUIDED BY TWO PRINCIPLES. “This effort will be guided by two core principles:
273. BUY AMERICAN. “Buy American, and
274. HIRE AMERICAN. “Hire American.
275. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL OBAMACARE NOW. “Tonight, I am also calling on this Congress to repeal
276. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW. “and replace
278. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW WITH REFORMS THAT EXPAND CHOICE. “with reforms that expand choice,
279. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW WITH REFORMS THAT INCREASE ACCESS. “increase access,
280. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW WITH REFORMS THAT LOWER COSTS NOW. “lower costs,
281. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW WITH REFORMS THAT PROVIDE AMERICANS WITH BETTER HEALTHCARE. “and at the same time, provide better Healthcare.
282. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW BECAUSE IT IS WRONG TO MANDATE EVERY AMERICAN MUST BUY GOVERNMENT-APPROVED HEALTH INSURANCE. THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT SOLUTION. “Mandating every American to buy government-approved health insurance was never the right solution for America.
283. I ASK CONGRESS TO REPEAL AND REPLACE OBAMACARE NOW AND IN THE PROCESS MAKE HEALTH CARE INSURANCE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE BY LOWERING THE COST OF HEALTH INSURANCE. “The way to make health insurance available to everyone is to lower the cost of health insurance,
284. I AM COMMITTED. THAT IS WHAT WE WILL DO. “and that is what we will do.
285. OBAMACARE PREMIUMS NATIONWIDE HAVE INCREASED DOUBLE AND TRIPLE DIGITS. “Obamacare premiums nationwide have increased by double and triple digits.
286. ARIZONA PREMIUMS WENT UP 116 PERCENT LAST YEAR ALONE. “As an example, Arizona went up 116 percent last year alone.
287. OBAMACARE IS FAILING IN KENTUCKY. “Governor Matt Bevin of Kentucky just said Obamacare is failing in his State –
288. OBAMACARE IS UNSUSTAINABLE AND COLLAPSING. “it is unsustainable and collapsing.
289. ONE THIRD OF COUNTIES HAVE BUT ONE INSURER. “One third of counties have only one insurer on the exchanges –-
290. MANY AMERICANS HAVE NO CHOICE WHATSOEVER. “leaving many Americans with no choice at all.
291. POTUS OBAMA TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD KEEP YOUR DOCTOR AND KEEP YOUR PLAN. “Remember when you were told that you could keep your doctor, and keep your plan?
292. HE KNEW BETTER AND BROKE HIS PROMISES. “We now know that all of those promises have been broken.
293. OBAMACARE IS COLLAPSING. “Obamacare is collapsing –-
294. CONGRESS MUST ACT DECISIVELY TO PROTECT ALL AMERICANS. “and we must act decisively to protect all Americans.
295. I SAY TO CONGRESS, ACTION IS NOT A CHOICE. IT IS A NECESSITY. “Action is not a choice –- it is a necessity.
296. I CALL ON DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS TO WORK WITH MY ADMINISTRATION TO SAVE AMERICANS FROM THIS IMPLODING OBAMACARE DISASTER. “So I am calling on all Democrats and Republicans in the Congress to work with us to save Americans from this imploding Obamacare disaster.
297. THESE PRINCIPLES MUST GUIDE PROVIDING BETTER HEALTHCARE FOR ALL AMERICANS. “Here are the principles that should guide the Congress as we move to create a better healthcare system for all Americans:
298. THOSE WITH PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS MUST HAVE ACCESS TO COVERAGE. “First, we should ensure that Americans with pre-existing conditions have access to coverage,
299. THERE MUST BE A STABLE TRANSITION FOR AMERICANS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN HEALTHCARE EXCHANGES. “and that we have a stable transition for Americans currently enrolled in the healthcare exchanges.
300. WE MUST HELP AMERICANS PURCHASE THEIR OWN COVERAGE. “Secondly, we should help Americans purchase their own coverage,
301. WE MUST DO SO THROUGH TAX CREDITS. “through the use of tax credits
302. WE MUST DO SO THROUGH EXPANDED HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNTS. “and expanded Health Savings Accounts –-
303. THE PLAN MUST BE THE PLAN THE PEOPLE WANT. “but it must be the plan they want,
304. THE PLAN, UNLIKE OBAMACARE, MUST NOT BE FORCED ON THE PEOPLE BY THE GOVERNMENT. “not the plan forced on them by the Government.
305. STATE GOVERNORS MUST MEET NEED WITH MEDICAID SO NO ONE IS LEFT OUT. “Thirdly, we should give our great State Governors the resources and flexibility they need with Medicaid to make sure no one is left out.
306. LEGAL REFORMS MUST PROTECT PATIENTS AND DOCTORS FROM UNNECESSARY COSTS THAT DRIVE THE PRICE OF INSURANCE UP. “Fourthly, we should implement legal reforms that protect patients and doctors from unnecessary costs that drive up the price of insurance –
307. LEGAL REFORMS MUST PROTECT OUR PEOPLE FROM ARTIFICIALLY HIGH PRICE OF DRUGS. “and work to bring down the artificially high price of drugs
308. LEGAL REFORMS MUST MANDATE THAT ARTIFICIALLY HIGH PRICES OF DRUGS BE BROUGHT DOWN IMMEDIATELY. “and bring them down immediately.
309. AMERICANS MUST BE PERMITTED TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE ACROSS STATE LINES. “Finally, the time has come to give Americans the freedom to purchase health insurance across State lines –-
310. WE MUST CREATE A COMPETITIVE NATIONAL MARKETPLACE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE. “creating a truly competitive national marketplace
311. NATIONWIDE COMPETITION WILL BRING COSTS DOWN. “that will bring cost way down
312. NATIONWIDE COMPETITION WILL PROVIDE FAR BETTER CARE. “and provide far better care.
313. ALL THAT IS BROKEN IN OUR COUNTRY CAN BE FIXED. “Everything that is broken in our country can be fixed.
314. ALL PROBLEMS CAN BE SOLVED. “Every problem can be solved.
315. ALL HURTING FAMILIES CAN FIND HEALING AND HOPE. “And every hurting family can find healing, and hope.
316. OUR AMERICAN CITIZENS DESERVE THIS AND MORE. “Our citizens deserve this, and so much more –-
317. I ASK DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS TO JOIN FORCES TO GET THIS DONE NOW. “so why not join forces to finally get it done?
318. I ASK DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS TO GET TOGETHER, TO UNITE, FOR THE GOOD OF AMERICA AND ITS PEOPLE. “On this and so many other things, Democrats and Republicans should get together and unite for the good of our country, and for the good of the American people.
319. MY ADMINISTRATION WILL WORK WITH BOTH PARTIES. “My administration wants to work with members in both parties
320. WE WILL DO SO TO MAKE CHILDCARE ACCESSIBLE AND AFFORDABLE. “to make childcare accessible and affordable,
321. WE WILL DO SO TO HELP ENSURE NEW PARENTS HAVE PAID FAMILY LEAVE. “to help ensure new parents have paid family leave,
322. WE WILL DO SO TO INVEST IN WOMEN’S HEALTH. “to invest in women’s health,
323. WE WILL DO SO TO PROMOTE CLEAN AIR AND CLEAR WATER. “and to promote clean air and clear water,
324. WE WILL DO SO TO REBUILD OUR MILITARY. “and to rebuild our military
325. WE WILL DO SO TO REBUILD OUR INFRASTRUCTURE. “and our infrastructure.
326. TRUE LOVE FOR OUR AMERICAN PEOPLE MANDATES THAT WE FIND COMMON GROUND. “True love for our people requires us to find common ground,
327. TRUE LOVE FOR OUR AMERICAN PEOPLE MANDATES THAT WE ADVANCE THE COMMON GOOD. “to advance the common good,
328. TRUE LOVE FOR OUR AMERICAN PEOPLE MANDATES THAT WE COOPERATE ON BEHALF OF EVERY AMERICAN CHILD BECAUSE EACH DESERVES A BRIGHTER FUTURE. “and to cooperate on behalf of every American child who deserves a brighter future.
329. INCREDIBLE MEGAN CROWLEY IS WITH US TODAY. An incredible young woman is with us this evening who should serve as an inspiration to us all. Today is Rare Disease day, and joining us in the gallery is a Rare Disease Survivor, Megan Crowley. Megan was diagnosed with Pompe Disease, a rare and serious illness, when she was 15 months old. She was not expected to live past 5. On receiving this news, Megan’s dad, John, fought with everything he had to save the life of his precious child. He founded a company to look for a cure, and helped develop the drug that saved Megan’s life. Today she is 20 years old – and a sophomore at Notre Dame. Megan’s story is about the unbounded power of a father’s love for a daughter.
330. FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION APPROVAL PROCESSES MUST BE ACCELERATED NOW. “But our slow and burdensome approval process at the Food and Drug Administration keeps too many advances, like the one that saved Megan’s life, from reaching those in need. If we slash the restraints, not just at the FDA but across our Government, then we will be blessed with far more miracles like Megan.
331. WE MUST ENRICH THE MIND AND SOUL OF EACH AMERICAN CHILD. I ASK MEMBERS OF BOTH PARTIES TO PASS AN EDUCATION BILL THAT FUNDS SCHOOL CHOICE TO PUBLIC, PRIVATE, CHARTER, MAGNET, RELIGIOUS, OR HOME SCHOOL FOR ALL YOUTH, FOR DISADVANTAGED YOUTH, INCLUDING MILLIONS OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN AND LATINO CHILDREN. “In fact, our children will grow up in a Nation of miracles. But to achieve this future, we must enrich the mind –- and the souls –- of every American child. Education is the civil rights issue of our time. I am calling upon Members of both parties to pass an education bill that funds school choice for disadvantaged youth, including millions of African-American and Latino children. These families should be free to choose the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school that is right for them.
332. DENISHA MERRIWEATHER IS WITH US TONIGHT. WE MUST BREAK THE CYCLE OF VIOLENCE IN ORDER TO BREAK THE CYCLE OF POVERTY. “Joining us tonight in the gallery is a remarkable woman, Denisha Merriweather. As a young girl, Denisha struggled in school and failed third grade twice. But then she was able to enroll in a private center for learning, with the help of a tax credit scholarship program. Today, she is the first in her family to graduate, not just from high school, but from college. Later this year she will get her masters degree in social work. We want all children to be able to break the cycle of poverty just like Denisha. But to break the cycle of poverty, we must also break the cycle of violence.
333. THE MURDER RATE IS HORRIFIC. MORE THAN 4,000 PEOPLE WERE SHOT IN CHICAGO LAST YEAR. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. “The murder rate in 2015 experienced its largest single-year increase in nearly half a century. In Chicago, more than 4,000 people were shot last year alone –- and the murder rate so far this year has been even higher. This is not acceptable in our society.
334. EVERY AMERICAN CHILD MUST BE ABLE TO GROW UP IN A SAFE COMMUNITY, ATTEND A GREAT SCHOOL, AND HAVE ACCESS TO A HIGH-PAYING JOB. “Every American child should be able to grow up in a safe community, to attend a great school, and to have access to a high-paying job.
335. WE MUST WORK WITH THE MEN AND WOMEN OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. “But to create this future, we must work with –- not against -– the men and women of law enforcement.
336. WE MUST BUILD BRIDGES OF COOPERATION AND TRUST WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT. “We must build bridges of cooperation and trust –-
337. WE MUST NOT DRIVE THE WEDGE OF DISUNITY AND DIVISION. “not drive the wedge of disunity and division.
338. WE MUST HONOR AND SUPPORT OUR POLICE AND SHERIFFS. “Police and sheriffs are members of our community. They are friends and neighbors, they are mothers and fathers, sons and daughters – and they leave behind loved ones every day who worry whether or not they’ll come home safe and sound. We must support the incredible men and women of law enforcement.
339. WE MUST SUPPORT VICTIMS OF CRIME. “And we must support the victims of crime.
340. I HAVE ORDERED THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY TO CREATE AN OFFICE TO SERVE AMERICAN VICTIMS. I WILL NOT FORGET THE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN KILLED BY AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD. ‘I have ordered the Department of Homeland Security to create an office to serve American Victims. The office is called VOICE –- Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement. We are providing a voice to those who have been ignored by our media, and silenced by special interests. Joining us in the audience tonight are four very brave Americans whose government failed them. Their names are Jamiel Shaw, Susan Oliver, Jenna Oliver, and Jessica Davis. Jamiel’s 17-year-old son was viciously murdered by an illegal immigrant gang member, who had just been released from prison. Jamiel Shaw Jr. was an incredible young man, with unlimited potential who was getting ready to go to college where he would have excelled as a great quarterback. But he never got the chance. His father, who is in the audience tonight, has become a good friend of mine. Also with us are Susan Oliver and Jessica Davis. Their husbands –- Deputy Sheriff Danny Oliver and Detective Michael Davis –- were slain in the line of duty in California. They were pillars of their community. These brave men were viciously gunned down by an illegal immigrant with a criminal record and two prior deportations. Sitting with Susan is her daughter, Jenna. Jenna: I want you to know that your father was a hero, and that tonight you have the love of an entire country supporting you and praying for you. To Jamiel, Jenna, Susan and Jessica: I want you to know –- we will never stop fighting for justice. Your loved ones will never be forgotten, we will always honor their memory.
341. I AM ASKING CONGRESS TO APPROVE MY BUDGET TO PROVIDE THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE UNITED STATES MILITARY WITH THE TOOLS THEY NEED TO PREVENT, FIGHT, AND WIN WAR – TO REBUILD OUR MILITARY, TO ELIMINATE THE DEFENSE SEQUESTER, TO INCREASE THE NATIONAL DEFENSE SPENDING NEEDED, AND TO FUND HELP FOR OUR VETERANS. I WILL REMEMBER, WITH ALL WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES, U.S. NAVY SPECIAL OPERATOR, SENIOR CHIEF WILLIAM “RYAN” OWENS.“Finally, to keep America Safe we must provide the men and women of the United States military with the tools they need to prevent war and –- if they must –- to fight and to win. I am sending the Congress a budget that rebuilds the military, eliminates the Defense sequester, and calls for one of the largest increases in national defense spending in American history. My budget will also increase funding for our veterans. Our veterans have delivered for this Nation –- and now we must deliver for them. The challenges we face as a Nation are great. But our people are even greater. And none are greater or braver than those who fight for America in uniform. We are blessed to be joined tonight by Carryn Owens, the widow of a U.S. Navy Special Operator, Senior Chief William “Ryan” Owens. Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero –- battling against terrorism and securing our Nation. I just spoke to General Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, “Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.” Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity. For as the Bible teaches us, there is no greater act of love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. Ryan laid down his life for his friends, for his country, and for our freedom –- we will never forget him.
342. OUR FOREIGN POLICY CALLS FOR DIRECT, ROBUST, MEANINGFUL LEADERSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT WITH THE WORLD. “To those allies who wonder what kind of friend America will be, look no further than the heroes who wear our uniform. Our foreign policy calls for a direct, robust and meaningful engagement with the world. It is American leadership based on vital security interests that we share with our allies across the globe.
343. WE SUPPORT NATO. “We strongly support NATO, an alliance forged through the bonds of two World Wars that dethroned fascism, and a Cold War that defeated communism.
344. OUR PARTNERS IN NATO AND OTHER THEATERS MUST MEET THEIR FINANCIAL AND OTHER OBLIGATIONS. THEY MUST PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE OF THE COST. “But our partners must meet their financial obligations. And now, based on our very strong and frank discussions, they are beginning to do just that. We expect our partners, whether in NATO, in the Middle East, or the Pacific –- to take a direct and meaningful role in both strategic and military operations, and pay their fair share of the cost.
345. WE RESPECT HISTORIC INSTITUTIONS, BUT WE RESPECT SOVEREIGN RIGHTS OF NATIONS. FREE NATIONS MUST CHART THEIR OWN COURSE. “We will respect historic institutions, but we will also respect the sovereign rights of nations. Free nations are the best vehicle for expressing the will of the people –- and America respects the right of all nations to chart their own path.
346. I DO NOT REPRESENT THE WORLD. I REPRESENT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THAT IS MY JOB. “My job is not to represent the world. My job is to represent the United States of America.
347. AMERICA IS BETTER OFF WHEN THERE IS LESS CONFLICT. “But we know that America is better off, when there is less conflict — not more.
348. WE MUST LEARN FROM THE MISTAKES OF THE PAST. “We must learn from the mistakes of the past –- we have seen the war and destruction that have raged across our world.
349. IN THESE HUMANITARIAN DISASTERS, DISPLACED PERSONS MUST BE AFFORDED THE RIGHT AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO RETURN HOME. “The only long-term solution for these humanitarian disasters is to create the conditions where displaced persons can safely return home and begin the long process of rebuilding.
350. AMERICA IS WILLING TO FIND NEW FRIENDS, FORGE NEW PARTNERSHIPS, WHERE SHARED INTERESTS ALIGN. AMERICA WANTS PEACE. WE WANT JUSTICE. WE WANT FREEDOM. “America is willing to find new friends, and to forge new partnerships, where shared interests align. We want harmony and stability, not war and conflict. We want peace, wherever peace can be found. America is friends today with former enemies. Some of our closest allies, decades ago, fought on the opposite side of these World Wars. This history should give us all faith in the possibilities for a better world. Hopefully, the 250th year for America will see a world that is more peaceful, more just and more free.
351. WE MUST SET FREE THE DREAMS OF OUR PEOPLE TO BUILD, PAINT, INVENT, CURE ILLNESSES, AND SET FOOT ON DISTANT WORLDS. “On our 100th anniversary, in 1876, citizens from across our Nation came to Philadelphia to celebrate America’s centennial. At that celebration, the country’s builders and artists and inventors showed off their creations. Alexander Graham Bell displayed his telephone for the first time. Remington unveiled the first typewriter. An early attempt was made at electric light. Thomas Edison showed an automatic telegraph and an electric pen. Imagine the wonders our country could know in America’s 250th year. Think of the marvels we can achieve if we simply set free the dreams of our people. Cures to illnesses that have always plagued us are not too much to hope. American footprints on distant worlds are not too big a dream. Millions lifted from welfare to work is not too much to expect. And streets where mothers are safe from fear – schools where children learn in peace – and jobs where Americans prosper and grow – are not too much to ask. When we have all of this, we will have made America greater than ever before.
352. THIS IS OUR VISION AND OUR MISSION FOR ALL AMERICANS. WE ARE ONE PEOPLE. WE BLEED THE SAME BLOOD. WE SALUTE THE SAME FLAG. WE ARE MADE BY THE SAME GOD. WE CELEBRATE 250 YEARS OF GLORIOUS FREEDOM. THIS IS A NEW CHAPTER IN AMERICAN GREATNESS. THE TIME FOR SMALL THINKING IS PAST. WE NEED COURAGE. WE NEED CONFIDENCE. WE MUST BE INSPIRED BY THE FUTURE, NOT BOUND BY THE FAILURES OF THE PAST, GUIDED BY OUR VISION, NOT BLINDED BY OUR DOUBTS. “For all Americans. This is our vision. This is our mission. But we can only get there together. We are one people, with one destiny. We all bleed the same blood. We all salute the same flag. And we are all made by the same God. And when we fulfill this vision; when we celebrate our 250 years of glorious freedom, we will look back on tonight as when this new chapter of American Greatness began. The time for small thinking is over. The time for trivial fights is behind us. We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts. The bravery to express the hopes that stir our souls. And the confidence to turn those hopes and dreams to action. From now on, America will be empowered by our aspirations, not burdened by our fears –- inspired by the future, not bound by the failures of the past –- and guided by our vision, not blinded by our doubts.
353. I ASK YOU ALL TO EMBRACE THIS RENEWAL OF THE AMERICAN SPIRIT. I ASK ALL OF YOU TO BELIEVE IN AMERICA. “I am asking all citizens to embrace this Renewal of the American Spirit. I am asking all members of Congress to join me in dreaming big, and bold and daring things for our country. And I am asking everyone watching tonight to seize this moment and — Believe in yourselves. Believe in your future. And believe, once more, in America.
354. THANK YOU. GOD BLESS YOU. GOD BLESS THE USA. “Thank you, God bless you, and God Bless these United States.
Critical democrats and disaffected republicans and much of the media, are focused on criticizing, finding fault, and the negatives of life.
POTUS Trump and his administration are focused on the positives of life – helping us — helping to
1. GUARANTEE OUR FREEDOMS. *Freedom of Religion; *Freedom of Speech; *Freedom of Assembly; *Right to bear arms; *Eliminate as much political correctness as possible. *Cut government bureaucracy and regulations!
2. GUARANTEE OUR SAFETY and PEACE. *Support Law and Order; *Support police officers and our military and border patrol; *Uphold our Right to bear arms; *Protect our borders; *Build the wall; *Vet immigrants and visitors stringently; *Eliminate ISIS/al Qaeda; *get rid of gangs; *Ensure no NK/Iran nukes; *Care for our Vets; *Strengthen our military.
3. INCREASE OUR PROSPERITY AND QUALITY OF LIFE. *Create 25 million new jobs; *Enhance U.S. manufacturing; *Establish Energy independence; *Foster Technology advances; *Push Space exploration; *Work with other countries so long as the deal is fair; *Eliminate the national debt; Ensure clean air and water and care for our environment.
4. IMPROVE OUR INFRASTRUCTURE. Establish *Better roads; *Better pipe system; *Better airports; *Better ports; *Better bridges; *Better secure free enhanced internet.
5. REPEAL AND REPLACE FAILED DEMOCRAT OBAMACARE AND PROVIDE LOW COST HEALTH CARE. *Repeal and Replace failed Democrat OBAMACARE; *Lower health care cost; *Give us doctors of our choice; *Cover pre-existing conditions, *Provide competition through more health care providers.
6. ELIMINATE ABORTION WHILE HONORING THE RIGHTS OF WOMEN. *300,000,000 unborn American babies have been killed surgically and chemically since 1973 Roe vs Wade (50,000,000+ Black babies killed; 50,000,000+ Hispanic babies murdered, killed, dismembered, flushed, poisoned, sent to landfills, millions of lives wasted ) Fix it now! Promote adoption. Abortion, the killing of our infants, is collective insanity.
7. RESPECT AND HONOR AND HELP THOSE OF ALL CREEDS, NATIONALITIES, PERSUASIONS. *Respect and Honor All as long as they are common law abiding! *Same with countries, so long as they are peaceful, pro-USA, and not bent on harming each other and Israel.
8. SO STOP ALL NEGATIVE ANTI-POTUS ADMINISTRATION NARRATIVES NOW! *Democrats and Republicans and Media stop all negative POTUS narratives and help us voters and viewers be FREE, SAFE, AND PROSPEROUS NOW! *Stop all Russia and Climate Change and other diversionary negative narratives NOW! HELP US VOTERS AND VIEWERS be FREE, SAFE AND PROSPEROUS NOW!
9. WORK WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP AND HIS CABINET. WHY? BECAUSE HE IS DELIVERING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD AND THEY ARE FACILITATING HIS AGENDA. *President Trump and his cabinet are focused to accomplish his campaign promises. *TIME FOR CONGRESS AND THE MEDIA TO STEP TO THE PLATE AND WORK WITH HIM TO HELP US VOTERS AND VIEWERS BE FREE, SAFE, AND PROSPEROUS. *Stop bashing him and wasting our time and money; stop sitting on your hands; stop stonewalling; stop playing dog in the manger; TO CHUCK SCHUMER AND NANCY PELOSI AND THE OTHER NAYSAYERS, PUT ON YOUR WORK GLOVES and help us or get out of the way! Because you critics have been acting like spoiled children, wasting our resources, you can count on it! We will vote you democrats and disaffected republicans out of office for years to come unless you straighten out and focus and help us be FREE, SAFE, and PROSPEROUS. That is all we want from you. That is why we voted for you in the first place.
PATRIOTISM. July 4th, 2017.
1. The word “patriotism” derives from the Middle French, Late Latin, “patriota” which means “countryman.”
2. Patriotism is being patriotic.
3. Patriotism is intense support of your country.
4. Patriotism is love of your homeland and the people of your homeland.
5. Patriotism is the positive feelings of attachment you have for your country and its people.
6. Patriotism is appreciation of your country’s culture and values.
7. Patriotism is respecting your country’s ethnicities, religions, and differences of opinion. It is freedom of speech. It is freedom of assembly. It is freedom of religion.
8. Patriotism involves knowing and appreciating and not rewriting the history of your country.
9. Patriotism includes understanding and supporting your country’s religious and political and cultural heritage.
10. Patriotism includes understanding and helping solve the issues that affect your country and us its people.
11. Patriotism is your actions taken in support of your country, not vapid, time and resources wasting critical talk.
12. Patriotism is your willingness to put on your gloves and work to help your country continue.
13. Patriotism is devotion to your “Fatherland.”
14. Patriotism is defending your country.
15. Patriotism is supporting your country.
16. Patriotism is being loyal to your country.
17. Patriotism is loving your country.
18. Patriotism eschews any thought or action traitorous to your country.
19. Patriotism is found in your actions and your respect for others not in your hollow words.
20. Patriotism is found in your good works.
21. Patriotism is found in your efforts to uphold your country’s legacy.
22. For an American, patriotism is to uphold and honor the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution and the rule of law.
23. For an American, patriotism is to honor those brave men and women in military, law enforcement, paramedics, firefighters, and others who put their lives on the line, yes, even gave their limbs and lives, for you.
24. For an American, patriotism is to honor America’s flag, its Courts of Law, its Congress, its state governments.
25. For an American, patriotism is to champion the rights of life, liberty, pursuit of happiness, and the freedoms promised to all including the unborn.